Brought up and educated in Newburgh along with her three sisters and three brothers, Mary married Robert (Bob) Morrison of Abernethy in 1942. They started married life in the cottage opposite the Round Tower, now the Tearoom.
Mary was well known in the village due to Bob having the local joiner’s business. She was a member of the WRI for many years and also had Civic duties during Bob’s term as Provost of Abernethy from 1960 to 1975.
She enjoyed caravanning with Bob for many years after his retirement in 1980.
Mary lived in the village for 73 years until march 2015 when, due to increasing dementia, she moved to Catmoor Care home in Scone to be nearer to her son Michael.
She leaves a son Michael, daughter in law Marlene, two grandchildren and four great grandchildren.