Abernethy lost another “weel kent face” with the death of Mrs Elizabeth West on 2nd February 2015.
She came to the village in May 1956 with her family and opened the “Photo Shop” at what is now 27 Main Street (the houses didn’t have numbers in those days - it was a proper village then).
As well as providing a development and printing service to Davidson the Chemist amongst others and also the local community, she took wedding photographs for a number of local couples at Abernethy Church. She also offered guidance and advice to anyone who sought it.
The advent of colour photography, however put an end to the business, it being too expensive to set up with the equipment required. She then opened up as a Grocers shop for a number of years.
Her last job before retiring was a “Dinner Lady” at Abernethy Primary School, a job she loved.
She was an active member of the Community for many years, SWRI, Church Guild, Welfare Committee, WRVS and the Lunch Club.