Mary was born in Lilybank, Abernethy (now Tayview) on the 23rd April 1925 to Walter Davidson and Lizzie Braid. Mary had a sister Janet Scott Braid Davidson.
She attended Abernethy Village Primary and Secondary School from the age of 5 to 15. On leaving school she went to the Commercial School in Perth for one year, studying shorthand typing and clerical work.
On completing this she obtained a position at Tayside Floor and Cloth Co Ltd in Newburgh which she held for 4 years.
The Second World War had just begun and many Polish, British Medical and Service Core soldiers were billeted in the village at this time. The men used to attend the local dances at Abernethy and Newburgh and met up with the “local girls”, Mary and Jenny amongst them.
After leaving the Tayside Floor Co, Mary went to work at the General Accident Insurance Co. In Perth as a typist in the Fire Dept. She gave up her work there to look after her mother and father who by this time were in need of nursing care. By this time they had moved to Pitkerrick, Newburgh Road.
Mary continued to care for her parents until they died, her father in 1954 and her mother in 1965.
Mary’s sister Jenny and her husband Jim also moved into Pitkerrick before moving to a new bungalow they had built on land they owned next door in 1987, taking the Pitkerrick name with them.
Mary lived in this bungalow with her sister and Brother-in-law until they both died, Jim in 2001 and Jenny in 2015. Mary then stayed there with her dog Poppy until she moved into the Moncreiffe Care Home in April 2016.
Mary died on September 15th 2016.