The parent council meet once a term at Abernethy Primary School. We exist to:
· Raise funds to supplement the school budget, enabling the children to do and experience more
· Represent parent / carer’s views to the school
· Understand school issues and be informed on matters such as the school’s policies and budget
· Work together with the school and nursery to help enhance the children’s learning environment
Over the last year we have held a number of fundraising events (kid’s disco, bingo tea, beetle drive, Peel2Save card campaign) and have made the following donations to the school:
· £500 towards subsidising school trips
· £500 towards the purchase of new technology (iPads) for the pupils
· £140 to buy specialist books to help struggling readers
· £600 to buy a storage shed for outdoor equipment
We also help fund the school Christmas parties and refreshments at school and nursery sports day, fund leavers presents for P7 pupils going on to high school, and are continuing to save towards equipping the library. Our next big project will be to help the school develop and finance a trim trail and playground markings to enhance playtimes and PE.
Thanks to all who support our fundraising – it really makes a difference to the children’s learning experiences. Our AGM for the start of the new school year will be on the 26 Aug at 7pm in the school hall – please come along and get involved!